Monday, July 14, 2008

Computers, heroic, or evil?

My computer sucks right now... >.< It's very frustrating. All of my internet browsers have suddenly and inexplicably (at least to me) stopped working. When I boot them up they immediately stop and say they have to close due to an error. How am I typing this you might ask? Well I booted Firefox up in "safe mode". I don't know why it's safe, but it's working...Sort of. You see I'm having some problems getting things like pictures to upload. I just figured out how to get this blog to update (there are certain tweaks you can make to safe mode apparently). So hopefully that will also allow me to upload our Jamaica photos. We'll see. That's what I'm attempting next. So stay tuned for that.

The main point of this post I guess is to ask if anyone has any ideas. First of all I have no idea how this happened. Neither Sarah nor I have downloaded anything from any sites we deem untrustworthy, and I've run extensive virus scans a-la Norton Antivirus, and neither that nor Spybot S&D have found any problems. I then proceeded to uninstall both programs and then reinstall them both. That didn't work. Then I uninstalled one but not the other, tried it, didn't work. Uninstalled the other and reinstalled the first, didn't work. Then uninstalled both again installed one, restarted, tried it, didn't work, installed the last and reset, and then tried it. Nothing. I am at my wits end. If I have to I guess I can reinstall Windows, but I really, Really, REALLY don't want to do that. So, after that long winded explanation; Does anyone have any answers or suggestions?

Check back after this for pictures... I hope.

3 comments:

Matt said...

Get a Mac?

JediJohnson said...

Yeah, that'd be nice. Any other suggestions?

Matt said...

I might need to rescind. Within two hours of that earlier post, my ibook gobbled up my portable hard drive.
Effing karma.